Dr., Professor, Rector of Umea School of Business and Economics, Umea University, Sweden.
Research interests: extra financial value of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors on portfolio and firm levels; active ownership, engagement and integrated risk management.
1992 - Dr. Sc.(Accounting), Abo Akademi University, Finland.
- 2012-present - Rector of Umea School of Business and Economics, Umea University.
- 2012-present - Professor of Accounting, Umea School of Business and Economics, Umea University.
- 2006-2012 - Program Director of Sustainable Investment Research Platform at Mistra.
- 1999-present - Professor of Accounting, School of Business and Economics, Abo Akademi University.
- 1994 - Visting Professor, Massey University, New Zealand.
- Lee Radebaugh notable contribution to international research, American Accounting Association, Savannah 2013.
- Outstanding Research Award and Best in Session Award by Institute for Business and Finance Research, Puerto Rico 2009.
- Globea ward for outstanding CSR research by Globe Forum, Stockholm 2008.
- Academy of Global Business Advancement, best paper award, Delhi 2004.
- Vernon Zimmerman best paper award, Asia-Pacific Conference on International AccountingIssues, Rio 2001.
- Semenova, N. and Hassel L.G. (2013). Asymmetry in Value Relevance of Environmental Performance Information: Contingency Effects of Size and Industry, Modern Accounting and Auditing, forthcoming.
- Semenova, N., Hassel L.G. and Nilsson H. (2010). The Value Relevance of Environmental and Social Performance: Evidence from Swedish SIX 300 Companies, Finnish Journal of Business Economics, No. 3/10, pp. 265-293.
- Cerin, P., Hassel L.G. and Scholtens, B. (2008). Sustainable Development and Socially Responsible Investing, Sustainable Development, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 2-10.
- Nilsson, H., G. Cunnigham and L.G. Hassel (2008). A Study of the Provision of Environmental Information in Financial Analysts Research Reports, Sustainable Development, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 180-194.
- Semenova, N. and L.G. Hassel (2008). Company Level Financial Outcomes of Environmental Risk and Opportunity for U.S. Companies, Sustainable Development, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 195-212.
- Lars Hassel, Henrik Nilsson and Siv Nyqvist (2005). The Value Relevance of Environmental Performance, European Accounting Review, Vol. 14, No.1, pp. 41-61.