Dr., Lecturer for Risk Management, European Business School, Germany.
- 2006 - Dr. rer. pol., European Business School, Department of Finance, doctoral thesis on “Integrated Risk-Based Organizational Design and Process Management in Financial Services”.
- 2000 - Exec. MBA, Athabasca University, Canada.
- 1991 - Postgraduate degree (Dipl.-Ing., equiv. M.Sc.), mining engineering, RWTH Aachen Germany.
Dr. Wilhelm Kross is an internationally renowned expert in risk and project management with many years of experience as Senior Vice President at Marsh GmbH and Director and Head of Management Consulting at Value & Risk AG, which specializes in niche consulting. He also worked as a specialist for Trans-Natal (BHP Billiton), as executive mine manager, as division manager for Logan Mining and as risk management specialist for Golder Associates.
Megaproject management and crisis management:
Dr. Wilhelm Kross is the co-author of more than 150 publications.
- Project management of various mining-, refinery-, infrastructure-projects, i.e. doubling of production capacity of Cerro Matoso (Columbia); waste management permitting process Voisey’s Bay (Canada); project development, environmental assessment, permitting Ambatovy (Madagascar).
- Introduction of a new process and systems solution for treasury, money market and foreign exchange trading and processing and interest/currency risk management; crisis management in a quasi line function after several false starts, DekaBank.
- Analysis/refocusing of numerous IT-megaprojects, recommendations for risk adjusted restructuring and lean design, e.g. project bundles Basel II, credit factory, counterparty risk (FinanzIT), P4P (Otto).
- Introduction of risk management systems and risk owner models, for turn-around management and for the compensation of significant project risks, e.g. DekaBank, FinanzIT, Otto, BBR Bonn/Berlin.
- Die bewegliche Zukunft (with W. Kross), ZDF television documentation, Roggla, K. (2012).
- Linking Strategy to the Real World: Working toward Risk Based Supply Chain Optimization. Kross, W. (2012), in Hommel/Fabich/Schellenberg/Finkorn (Eds.), “The Strategic CFO“, Springer.
- State-of-the-art approaches to risk communication in project environments. Kross, W. and Kurt, H. (2011), PMI EMEA Congress Dublin.
- Ineffective Risk Management in Banking: Bold Ignorance or Gross Negligence? Kross, W. and Gleissner, W. (2010), in Gregoriou, G., The Banking Crisis Handbook, CRC Press, pp. 57-94.
- OpRisk Insurance as a Net Value Generator. Kross, W. & Gleissner, W. In Gregoriou, G. (Ed.) (2009), “Operational Risk toward Basel III”, Wiley.
- State-of-the-Art Approaches to Project Risk Management. Kross, W., 2nd International Project Management Conference, 18.06.07, St. Petersburg.
- Using @RISK for Project to Enhance Financial Services Processes. Kross, W. (2007). Proceedings, Palisade Europe User Conference, London.
- Organized Opportunities: Risk Management in Financial Services Operations. Kross, W. (2006), Wiley, 254 p.
- Project Management Best Practices. Prioritizing: Managing Scarce Resources, Vague Deliverables and Open Timelines. Kross, W. (2005). SAP Solution Leadership Summit, St. Leon-Rot.
- Integrated Risk Management in IT Mega-Projects. Kross, W. (2004), SRA-Europe Symposium, Paris.