Ph.D., Lecturer, Department of Finance, Money and Public Administration, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iaşi, Romania.
Fields of interest: financial risk management, corporate finance, financial markets, international finance institution, health economics.
- September 1, 2010-present - Postodoctoral Studies, University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Gr. T. Popa”, Iasi. Research subject: Ethics and Efficiency of Allocating Resources in Healthcare Systems. The research is co-financed from the European Social Fund through Sectoral Operational Programme for Human Resources Development 2007-2013, Priority Axis 1 Education and training in support for growth and development of a knowledge based society, Area of intervention: Doctoral and postdoctoral programmes in support of research, project number POSDRU/89/1.5/S/61879, “Postdoctoral studies in field of public health policies ethics”.
- April 1, 2005-February 28, 2009 - Ph.D. Studies in Finance, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, The “Al.I.Cuza” University of Iasi (Romania). Thesis title: “Financial derivatives and their implications on financial risk management”.
- June 8-20, 2008 - International Management Teachers Academy (IMTA) organized by CEEMAN (Central and East European Management Development Association) & IEDC Business School, Bled, Slovenia.
- October 1, 2003-March 31, 2005 - Master of Science at the Faculty of Economics and Social Studies, University of Rostock (Germany), Specialty Bank Management as a DAAD scholarship holder.
- October 1, 2002-June 30, 2003 - Advanced Studies at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (one-year postgraduate degree), The “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iasi (Romania), Speciality: Financial-Banking Management.
- October 1, 1998- June 30, 2002 - Degree (four-year university degree) in Economics, The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, The “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iasi (Romania), Speciality: Finance and Insurance.
Articles and studies published in the Volume of International Conferences (selection):
- Anton, Sorin Gabriel (2011). “The Effects of Futures Trading on the Volatility of Underlying Asset in the Romanian Stock Market”, in the Volume of the International Conference Economies of Central and Eastern Europe:Convergence, Opportunities and Challenges, Third Edition, Tallinn, CD.
- Bucătaru, Dumitru and Anton, Sorin Gabriel (2011). “Le risque de faillite et gestion des entreprises roumaines dans le contexte de la crise financiere”, in the volume of the International Conference Journées Internationales du Risque, organizată de IRIAF (Institute of Industrial, Insurance and Financial Risks) and CRIEF (Research Centre on Economic and Financial Integration), Niort (Franţa), 26-27 May 2011, http://iriaf.univ-poitiers.fr/colloque2011/index_en.php.
- Roman, Angela and Anton, Sorin Gabriel (2010). “Accelerated Dynamics of Credit in Selective Countries from Central, Eastern and South Eastern EU Member States and Implications of the Current Financial Crisis”, in İhsan Günaydın, Hilmi Erdoğan Yayla (editors), “What Others Manifest? The World Economy in the Theoretical Turbulence of Global Financial Crisis”, Gümüşhane University Press, Gümüşhane, pp. 195- 216.
- Anton Sorin Gabriel (2009). “Credit Risk Transfer Instruments in Central and Eastern European Countries in the Light of the Subprime Crisis”, in the volume of the International Conference Management of International Business and Economics Systems 2009 (MIBES 2009), organized by the Department of Business Administration, School of Business and Economics, Technological Institute of Larissa and Technological Institute of Western Macedonia, Greece, pp. 494-504.
- Anton Sorin Gabriel (2006). Risk Management with Financial Derivatives in Central and Eastern Europe: A Comparative Study, in the volume of the International Conference from Transition to Sustainable Development: The Path to European Integration, School of Economics and Business in Sarajevo (ICES2006), 12th -13th October 2006, Sarajevo, pp. 208-217.
- Anton Sorin Gabriel (2005). The modernization of the credit risk management through the use of the credit derivatives, in the Volume Economical Politics of European Integration, ASEM Publisher, Chisinau, pp. 409-412.
Sorin Gabriel Anton is a Member of the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets (SSEM), Associate Editor of African Journal of Business Management (AJBM) and Member of the Editorial Secretary, Review of Economic and Business Studies, 1843-763X, Editor “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iaşi, Romania.